Hydra W3C Community Group Telecon

Minutes for 2019-01-07

  1. Agreement on closing 16 issues as obsolete
  2. Agreement on resolving 12 issues
  3. Brief plan for next steps
  1. obsolete issues to be labeled and closed
Action Items
  1. transcription service for conference
  2. close items declared as obsolete
  3. Karol to create a repo for the docs/gitbook
Karol Szczepański
Tomasz Pluskiewicz
Karol Szczepański, Tomasz Pluskiewicz, Lorenzo Moriondo, Thomas Bergwinkl
Audio Log
Karol Szczepański: Meeting: Hydra W3C Community Group Conference Call
Tomasz Pluskiewicz is scribing.
ACTION: transcription service for conference

Topic: Agreement on closing 16 issues as obsolete

Karol Szczepański: we reviewed github issues and identified such that can be easily closed
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: thea cleanup was somehow offline, but in case anyone has any objections against closing and resolving any of the listed don't hesitate [scribe assist by Karol Szczepański]
Angelo: I agree with closing them. we can always reopen
... Karol, you mentioned that some may require additional qork
PROPOSAL: close the obslete issues listed
Lorenzo Moriondo: we close the issue and label them for reopening
Karol Szczepański: let's focus on the obsolete. they should be ready to close
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: let's label the closed issues so we can revert them back if needed [scribe assist by Karol Szczepański]
Thomas Bergwinkl: +1
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: +1
Karol Szczepański: +1
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: Angelo: +1
RESOLUTION: obsolete issues to be labeled and closed

Topic: Agreement on resolving 12 issues

ACTION: close items declared as obsolete
Karol Szczepański: the second set of items have to be analyzed one by one and PRs need to be created
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: maybe we should label them, maybe assign to owner of the issues [scribe assist by Karol Szczepański]
Karol Szczepański: the are quite technical
... I can try to check them one by one and submit PRs
... these should be quick wins. I will try to present PRs for these
... hopefully there won't be too much discussion
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: what do you think if the meeting was weekly?
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: maybe we shall have a call every week? [scribe assist by Karol Szczepański]
Karol Szczepański: I'm fine with that
Angelo: I won't be able to join every week
Thomas Bergwinkl: we should have enough scope
... otherwise people may lose interest
... this is my experience with rdfjs community
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: agent was posted late in the past
Thomas Bergwinkl: we can set a reminder early (Thursday)
Lorenzeo: set a Slack reminder
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: use Slack an official channel
Karol Szczepański: someone has to be monitoring and messages get lost
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: we can use an existing slack community
Karol Szczepański: let's stick to bi-weekly calls

Topic: Brief plan for next steps

Karol Szczepański: - examples and spec's shape in general
Karol Szczepański: - collections (filtering, linking, etc) - never ending story :)
Karol Szczepański: - API documentation
Karol Szczepański: - complete request's shape - parameters, templates, actions, operations and theory of everything
Karol Szczepański: maybe we could do more prototypes and then move to spec
Thomas Bergwinkl: when I tell people to use Hydra, they say they don't get it
... at least we need some place where we explain how Hydra is different
... I would like a better initial description
... my colleagues had the same problem and they worked on some description which we could put into the spec
Error: (IRC nickname not recognized)[20:37] <lorenzo-tuned> @bergi: you are talking about something like hydraecosystem.org ?
Karol Szczepański: tpluskiewicz, you proposed a gitbook
Lorenzo Moriondo: the aim of this github page is to be a soft introduction to Hydra
... because it's not easy to gather the resourcea
Karol Szczepański: maybe not introductions to RDF. it's scare to people
Lorenenzo: yes, it's different to student
Karol Szczepański: Hydra is different from other tool that it emphasises the controls
Lorenzo Moriondo: yes, easiest way to introduce people to REST is through entrypoints
Karol Szczepański: maybe we should focus on the API Documentation part
Lorenzo Moriondo: it may work
Thomas Bergwinkl: I looked at hydra ecosystem. a introduction to core concepts behind Hydra is still missing
... maybe through examples. I usually talk to RDF people
angelo: I think that the best is to show working example
Error: (IRC nickname not recognized)[20:49] <lorenzo-tuned> PR to the hydraecosystem doc can be submitted here btw https://github.com/HTTP-APIs/http-apis.github.io
Karol Szczepański: you are using your client. having two clients may not be a good approach
Thomas Bergwinkl: we should check what is the overlap
... but everyone wants their code a bit different
... in the end we had to agree and build on top of a common base
... it's good to have variety
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: I don't have a problem with competing clients
Thomas Bergwinkl: maybe in the future we can make changes and share the new code
... exploring thorugh code can help find gaps in the specification
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: the UI is fairly decoupled from the hydra abstraction, it should be possible to replace it with another [scribe assist by Karol Szczepański]
Karol Szczepański: - API documentation part of the hydra spec
Karol Szczepański: - create a gitbook that should serve as a high level digestible source of knowledge about hydra
Karol Szczepański: - provide some live demo i.e. revamped hydra console
ACTION: Karol to create a repo for the docs/gitbook
Lorenzo Moriondo: it would be nice to have teams to have more people in hydra-cg
Lorenzo Moriondo: we should create a missions document for Hydraq so that people know what it is about
... we would like to talk more about this part
Karol Szczepański: we can talk about this next week
... please post to the mailing list