Hydra W3C Community Group Telecon

Minutes for 2017-05-01

  1. Discuss Karol's PRs #113 #114 #115 #116 #117
  1. Merge PR #113, #114, and #115
Markus Lanthaler
elf Pavlik
elf Pavlik, Markus Lanthaler, Karol Szczepański, Tomasz Pluskiewicz
Audio Log
elf Pavlik: present+ elf-pavlik
elf Pavlik is scribing.

Topic: Discuss Karol's PRs #113 #114 #115 #116 #117

present+ karol-szczepanski
present+ tpluskiewicz
Markus Lanthaler: thank you karol-szczepanski for your PRs
Karol Szczepański: i consider them ready and they stay open for discussion
... i plan to craft couple more PRs
... i already took into account all the comments which i received in first few days
... so far no one reviewed #117
Markus Lanthaler: I would be fine with merging those already reviewed
... good job karol-szczepanski
Markus Lanthaler: zakim, ack
I don't understand 'ack', markus
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: agrees, merge them (those which received review)
... later we can follow up with more PRs proposing changes
Markus Lanthaler: zakim, ack tpluskiewicz
I see no one on the speaker queue
elf Pavlik: +1
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: i will prepare PRs when I see need to change something, this may make it easier to manage
Markus Lanthaler: should we vote on merging first 3 PRs?
PROPOSAL: Merge PR #113, #114, and #115
elf Pavlik: +1
Markus Lanthaler: +1
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: +1
Karol Szczepański: +!
RESOLUTION: Merge PR #113, #114, and #115
Markus Lanthaler: I'll go ahead and merge them after the telecon
... other one's just need review on github or we should discuss something now?
Karol Szczepański: i would prefer to get some proper review on github
Markus Lanthaler: how this will drive further actions?
... we have some use cases and should discuss which of them current spec already covers
... regarding client development, i don't have time myself but if someone want to spearhead it I welcome it very much
Karol Szczepański: one of your comments on PR, related to you preference of generic Use Cases
... all UC which I created were more specific
... I see benefits in working with more specific use cases
... they can lead to solutions to real specific problems
Markus Lanthaler: to clarify, i didn't mean to do all generic, other ones seamed to have generic use cases on just one i commented on had specific one
Karol Szczepański: I think about more use cases
... getting deeper some Use Cases would stay specific for particular domains
... eg. calendars
... generic UCs could miss some cases
Markus Lanthaler: what do you think about what i proposed, to have generic use case and for it specific ones
... we can make new PRs for that
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: +1 on future PRs to add generic UC descriptions
elf Pavlik: +1
Markus Lanthaler: people reading it may get impression that it only covers those specific UCs
... having generic UCs mentioned can prevent that
Markus Lanthaler: would you like to discuss some of the UCs ?
... it doesn't seem that Ruben will join so we shouldn't discuss arch diagram
Markus Lanthaler: zakim, ack tpluskiewicz
I see no one on the speaker queue
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: new requests still need review, we could send email to mailing list to remind others about them
... I have one UC related to #100 (IRI templates & operations)
Markus Lanthaler: are you sure you talk about #100 ?
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: #118
... they all stay linked
... I'll prepare PR related to it
Markus Lanthaler: zakim, ack karol-szczepanski
I see no one on the speaker queue
Karol Szczepański: i was also thinking about it, and i also don't find it in current spec very clear how to handle such UCs
... i'll let tpluskiewicz submit PR for that
Markus Lanthaler: anyone plans to work on something? let's mention it so we avoid possible duplication of efforts
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: I'll just focus on this one (related to #118)
Markus Lanthaler: from my side I don't see anything to discuss, any proposals to add to today's agenda, or should we finish early
Karol Szczepański: I will take time in next 2 weeks to write more UCs, but I also want to think how we should use UCs
... we could try to make some kind of roadmap for next couple of weeks
Markus Lanthaler: I'd like to have some concrete proposals for changes in the spec, discuss them during telecons and vote on them
... what would do you think karol-szczepanski ?
Karol Szczepański: adding more examples on the specification page
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: we could make it the other way around, to link to UCs from the spec
... keeping spec shorter
Markus Lanthaler: you need to decide if it stands as normative or informative reference
everything normative needs to stay in the spec itself
Tomasz Pluskiewicz: UCs act as informative (non-normative) references
Markus Lanthaler: we should at lest publish them on HydraCG website
... i can take Action item
Markus Lanthaler: zakim, ack elf-pavlik
I see no one on the speaker queue
elf Pavlik: I noted some specs like LDP have separate use case documents [scribe assist by Markus Lanthaler]
elf Pavlik: That way use cases can be referenced without being included in the spec [scribe assist by Markus Lanthaler]
Markus Lanthaler: ... but just referenced from the spec
Markus Lanthaler: fine if it acts just as additional (educational) material
Markus Lanthaler: anything else we should discuss today ?
... let's adjourn for today and finish early, i will use that time to review PR #116 and #117
Markus Lanthaler: thank your everyone, let's meet again in 2 weeks
Markus Lanthaler: zakim, list attendees
As of this point the attendees have been elf-pavlik, karol-szczepanski, tpluskiewicz, markus